Site Map & Camping Rules
Rules and Regulations of Camping on the Battenkill
Your Hosts Alan & Shelley-Ann WELCOME YOU!
We treasure our campground and love our campers. Together we can make this an awesome place for families and friends to spend time, have fun, and reconnect with nature. Please familiarize yourself with the policies of this campground and adhere to all of them!
- ALL campers must register and pay before setting up camp.
- OFFICE HOURS: Daily, 8:30 AM to 7:00 PM
- CHECK IN TIME: 2:00 PM
- CHECK OUT TIME: 12:00 PM
- QUIET TIME: 10:00 PM to 8:00 AM. No loud noises, including radios.
- SPEED LIMIT: 5MPH everywhere on campground. PLEASE DRIVE SLOWLY.
- CAPACITY: Price includes 2 Adults & 3 Children (8 people per site Maximum). A charge applies for extra people.
- VISITORS/GUESTS OF REGISTERED CAMPERS: Visitors must follow ALL PARK RULES & REGULATIONS at all times and it is the registered camper’s duty to ensure that they comply. All visitors must check in at the office to pay a visitors fee. All visitors must display a car pass while on park property. Per our property insurance, visitors are NOT permitted to bring their pets.
- EXTRA TENTS: $10.00 per tent + Overnight Visitors Fee applies.
- DAY VISITORS: $5.00 per person
- OVERNIGHT VISITORS: Adults - $10.00, Children - $5.00
- CAMPSITES: The head of each campsite must be 21 years of age and accepts responsibility for the actions of the entire group.
- CHILDREN: An adult must supervise children at all times. Children under the age of 6 years old must be accompanied by an adult in the bathrooms. Parents are responsible for any disturbance or destruction by children in their care. Camping on the Battenkill takes no responsibility for any loss, damage or injuries.
- PETS: Pets are welcome they must be on a leash at all times except in the dog run area which is located near the office. Pet owners are responsible for picking up and disposing of all their pet’s droppings. Pets are never to be left unattended. Proof of vaccinations at registration is required. Not permitted in the play area on the open field or at the beach area. (If you want to take your pet for a swim, please take them downstream of the beach area.) We reserve the right to limit the number of pets per site. If any pet is creating a disturbance, they shall be asked to leave immediately.
- COMPLAINTS/COMPLIMENTS: If you have any complaints please let us know at the office! If you have any compliments please let everyone else know.
- BICYCLES: Bicycles are allowed only on established roads and trails.
- ELECTRIC HEATERS: Not allowed.
- FIREARMS: Not allowed.
- FIREWORKS: Not allowed.
- GENERATORS: Not allowed.
- FIRES & FIRE RINGS: Fires are permitted in fire rings only. Do not move fire rings. Do not leave fires unattended.
- FIREWOOD: Vermont law prohibits out of state firewood due to the spread of forest pests. Firewood is for sale at the office during hours.
- TREES: Our trees and plants are very precious. Please DO NOT cut or peel the bark from trees or drive nails into them.
- FISHING: The Battenkill River has Special Regulations. A fishing license is required and is Catch-and-Release only.
- TRASH: Recycling and trash bins at main entrance.
- VEHICLES: You are limited to two vehicles per site. Vehicles may park on the site only and not in the roadway or on someone else’s site. Extra parking is available at the overflow parking area. The field is a children’s playground. No vehicles at all.
- WASHING DISHES: Washing dishes is not permitted in the bathrooms. An outdoor sink is near the Wood Bathroom.
- WATER: Discharging any water, including gray water, from camping vehicle is only permitted at the dumping station. Ask at office for the loan of a septic tote.
- SAFETY & DISCLAIMER: Please secure your own valuables.
Camping on the Battenkill LLC and the owners or staff accept zero liability for loss or damage to property or injury to campers and their visitors whilst they are on the premises.
The camper and all members of his/her group agree that in consideration of the rental (whether a campsite, general facility or equipment), Camping On The Battenkill shall not be responsible for loss or damage to property, or injury to person, occuring in or around grounds owned by Camping On The Battenkill, by reason of any existing or future condition, defect, matter, or thing on said lands or for acts, omissions or negligence of other persons or camper in or around the premises. The campers agree to indemnify and hold Camping On The Battenkill harmless from all claims and liability for loss of or damages to property, or injury to persons occuring in or around the campground.