Site Map & Camping Rules
Rules and Regulations of Camping on the Battenkill
Your Hosts Alan & Shelley-Ann WELCOME YOU!
We treasure our campground and honor our campers. Together
we can make this a place for families and friends to spend time,
have fun, and reconnect with nature. Please familiarize yourself
with the policies of this campground so that we can all enjoy
what it has to offer. THANK YOU!
- ALL campers must register and pay before setting up camp.
- OFFICE HOURS: 8:30 AM to 7:00 PM daily.
- CHECK IN TIME: 2:00 PM
- CHECK OUT TIME: 12:00 Noon
- QUIET TIME: 10:00 PM to 8:00 AM. No loud noises, including
- MAXIMUM PEOPLE PER SITE: 6
- MAXIMUM VEHICLES PER SITE: 2
- SPEED LIMIT: 5 MPH everywhere on campground. PLEASE
- RV SITE PRICES: Includes 2 Adults & 3 Children, 1 Camper & 1
Shade Cover (6 people per site Max). NOTE: Tents alongside a
camper are NOT allowed.
- TENT SITE PRICES: Includes 2 Adults, 3 Children & 2 Tents
- OVERNIGHT VISITORS / GUESTS OF REGISTERED
CAMPERS: Adults $10 per person per night, Children $5.00 per
child per night. Visitors must display a car pass while on park
- VISITORS / GUESTS OF REGISTERED CAMPERS: Visitors
must follow ALL PARK RULES & REGULATIONS at all times and it
is the registered camper’s duty to ensure that they comply. All
visitors must check in at the office to pay a visitors fee.
- VISITORS’ PETS: Per our property insurance, visitors are NOT
permitted to bring their pets.
- CAMPSITES: The head of each campsite must be 21 years of
age and accept responsibility for the actions of the entire group.
- CHILDREN: An adult must supervise children at all times.
Parents are responsible for any disturbance or destruction by
children in their care. Camping on The Battenkill takes no
responsibility for any loss, damage or injuries.
- PETS: Pets are welcome, but they must be on a leash at all times
except in the dog run area which is located near the office. Pet
owners are responsible for picking up and disposing of all their
pet’s droppings. Pets are never to be left unattended. Not
permitted in the play area on the open field or at the beach area.
(If you want to take your pet for a swim, please take them
downstream of the beach area.) We reserve the right to limit the
number of pets per site. If any pet is creating a disturbance, they
may be asked to leave immediately.
- CANCELLATION / DEPOSIT & REFUNDS:
• A 1-night reservation fee per site is required for all stays.
• Deposit is refundable if notice is given more than 14 Day prior
to the date of arrival, minus a $20.00 Administration Service Fee.
• Deposit is non-refundable if cancelled less than 14 days prior to
date of arrival.
• Deposits on a 3-day holiday weekend (Memorial Day, 4th July,
Labor Day and Columbus Day) are non-refundable at any time.
• We do not offer refunds for early departures due to illness,
work schedule changes, job loss, inclement weather, acts of
nature, or any events beyond the Campground’s control.
- COMPLAINTS / COMPLIMENTS: If you have any complaints,
please let us know at the office! If you have any compliments,
please let everyone else know.
- BICYCLES: Bicycles are allowed only on established roads and
- ELECTRIC HEATERS: Not allowed.
- PRIVATE GOLF CARTS: Not allowed.
- FIREARMS & FIREWORKS: Not allowed.
- GENERATORS: Not allowed.
- MOTORCYCLES: Designated areas only!
- FIRES & FIRE RINGS: Fires are permitted in fire rings only. Do
not move fire rings. Do not leave fires unattended.
- FIREWOOD: Vermont law prohibits out of state firewood due to
the spread of forest pests. Local firewood is for sale at the office
- INTERNET: See front of the map.
- TREES: Our trees and plants are very precious. Please DO NOT
cut or peel the bark from trees or drive nails into them.
- FISHING: The Battenkill River has special regulations. A fishing
license is required and is Catch-and-Release only.
- TRASH: Recycling and trash bins at main entrance.
- VEHICLES: You are limited to two vehicles per site. Vehicles may
park on the site only and not in the roadway or on someone
else’s site. Extra parking is available at the overflow parking area.
The playground is just that, a children’s playground. No vehicles
- WASHING DISHES: Washing dishes is not permitted in the
bathrooms. An outdoor sink is near the Wood Bathroom with hot
& cold water.
- WATER: NO discharging of water, including gray water, from
camping vehicle is permitted at the campsite, ONLY at the
dumping station. Ask at office for our friendly Honey Wagon
- SAFETY & DISCLAIMER: Please secure your own valuables. Camping on the
Battenkill LLC and the owners or staff accept zero liability for loss or damage
to property or injury to campers and their visitors while they are on the
The camper and all members of his/her group agree that in consideration of the rental (whether a campsite, general facility or equipment), Camping On The Battenkill shall not be responsible for loss or damage to property, or injury to person,
occurring in or around grounds owned by Camping On The Battenkill, by reason of any existing or future condition, defect, matter, or thing on said lands or for acts, omissions or negligence of other persons or camper in or around the premises. The campers agree to indemnify and hold Camping On The Battenkill harmless from all claims and liability for loss of or damages to property, or injury to persons
occurring in or around the campground.